An updated Steam mobile app is now available for both iOS and Android.
The new Steam mobile app is now officially available for both Android and iOS following an extended beta period.
The refreshed app has several new features, including a revamp of the underlying code and a complete interface redesign.
The new features of the app are as follows:
- Two-factor authentication to ensure you’re the only one with access to your account;
- QR code sign in - Scan a QR code to sign into Steam instead of entering a password or…
- Sign-in confirmation - Confirm your regular Steam sign-ins with a simple “approve” or “deny”;
- Authorized Devices - Manage access to the various devices your account has signed in to;
- Easy access to the Store, Community, News, etc from wherever you are;
- Your Library with access to your game content, discussions, guides, support, and more;
- Remote download of games and updates on your PC, managed directly from your phone;
- Customizable Steam notifications - wishlist, sales, comments, trades, discussions, friend requests, and more;
- Trade and Market confirmations – to ensure items don’t leave your account without your approval;
- An improved Store browsing experience for mobile screens;
- Support for using multiple Steam accounts in the app;
- Customizable tabs.
There are some features still missing, though. It is, for example, currently not possible to sign in to a Steam Deck using the new QR-Code feature.
You can install the new Steam app on your iPhone or on your Android phone.