Valve released a new update for the Steam Deck on December 02. This update focuses mostly on bug fixes.
You can find the complete changelog below:
Note: This update is for the Steam Deck Preview channel, and includes new features that are still being tested. You can opt into this in Settings > System > System Update Channel.
- Fixed an issue where modifying settings in the desktop partition manager could prevent the SD card from being mounted and visible in Steam
- Fixed an issue in desktop mode where dropping a folder on the desktop would erroneously create a shortcut for every item within the folder.
Graphics and Performance
- Fixed the performance overlay displaying GPU clock speed as an instantaneous measurement rather than an average, resulting in misleading numbers.
- This matches this matches behavior of SteamOS 3.4.11
- Fixed a problem with elevated noise levels for trackpad pressure sensors. Affects only certain configurations.
- Fixed incorrect colors (gamma) when using Steam In-Home Streaming.
- Fixed a rare system crash on game exit
- Fixed an issue in certain HDR titles wherein wiggling the cursor on the same frame as closing the game would cause incorrect colors in subsequent game launches
- Improved a situation where a game's frame presentation could block because of buffers submitted by Steam or other windows, removing a potential source of game stutters.
- When the frame limiter or vsync is enabled, the performance overlay now shows frame timings based on when they are flipped to the display, rather than when the GPU rendering was completed. The GPU-based timings are still visible on level four setting.
- Fixed an issue causing stutter in certain games that buffer multiple frames in advance.
- Miscellaneous compositor performance improvements.