If you want to play Minecraft on your Steam Deck, with mods and everything, I recommend you install a little app called PolyMC. It’s an unofficial launcher that seems to have fewer issues than the official one.
Here’s how you do it.
- Go to desktop mode. Click the
Steam button, go down to
Power, and then
Switch to Desktop. Wait for the Deck to reboot.
- Click on the
menu buttonand open up
- Search for PolyMC. (If the keyboard doesn’t pop up, click the
Steam Button + the X-button.) Install the app.
PolyMCand add your account in the top right corner. You can use both your Mojang and your Microsoft login.
- Next, go into the main PolyMC settings, click
Minecraftin the left sidebar and click the option to close PolyMC whenever the game window opens.
- Also, check if Java is set to the latest version.
Add Instancein the top left. Either choose vanilla Minecraft or follow this guide to install mods.
- If you care, you can add Minecraft to the Steam Library. Open up
desktop Steam, go to
Library, and at the bottom left corner, click on the plus sign, then
Add a Non-Steam Game.... Navigate to your installation folder and add PolyMC.
And that’s that covered. Enjoy your blocky worlds!