No Xbox Cloud Gaming in your country? No problem. Here's how to start streaming no matter where you live.
Currently Xbox Game Pass subscribers can play a whole host of games via Xbox's in-beta cloud gaming streaming service, however this sadly isn't open to everyone worldwide.
Right now, the Xbox Cloud Gaming beta is not available, as stated here by Microsoft, in around 20 countries/regions across the world — including China, Russia, India, Turkey, and South Africa.
So, how do you get around this restriction if you live in one of the countries/regions listed below? We'll show you how to get it running on Valve's Steam Deck.
🌍 Countries where Xbox Cloud Gaming is not supported:
- Hong Kong
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- United Arab Emirates (UAE)
🎮 How to play Xbox Cloud Gaming in an unsupported country
To get around this restriction and play Xbox games via the Cloud Gaming beta you'll need to do the following:
- Install TunnelDeck on your Steam Deck. We've got a post explaining how to do just that here.
- Enter Gaming Mode and tap the three dots button (•••).
- Open up the
Decky Loader, and navigate to
- Enable a VPN connection for a supported country, such as the U.S. or UK.
- Make sure you enable the toggle to
Disable IPv6— this is a crucial step.
TunnelDeckby hitting the (•••) three dots button.
- Open up the Xbox Cloud Gaming app (via Microsoft Edge).
- Log in and start a game. Once you are in you can turn off the VPN connection in
TunnelDeckand continue gaming.
If you follow the above instructions you should be able to play Xbox Cloud Gaming anywhere in the world. However, a quick word of caution: Technically using Steam with a VPN is against Valve's terms of service. The risk of getting your account banned is admittedly low, but it is not zero.