The highly anticipated sequel to Breath of the Wild arrives on Nintendo Switch this week - along with 24 other games.
🛍 Monday, May 8 — Sunday, May 14
Six years after Breath of the Wild, the Switch exclusive sequel is finally here, with The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom arriving on the Nintendo Switch this Friday, May 12.
Of course, that's not the only game landing on the hybrid this week, as another roughly 25 games are also coming to Nintendo's console over the next seven days.
As ever, we've taken a look at all of the upcoming releases and have put together a list of all of the games on the immediate horizon. Below you'll find a list of all of the upcoming Nintendo Switch games, along with a short description of each, and a link to more information, including screenshots and trailers.
Without a shadow of a doubt, The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom is the highlight this week. The highly anticipated, long-awaited sequel continues the Hyrule legend, and sees the return of Ganondorf. It's worth knowing that the full game has leaked online, so for those of you adverse to spoilers, it's probably best to keep a low profile online this week.
In addition to Zelda, I also like the look of Local News with Cliff Rockside and For a Vast Future on Switch this week.
Want to know what games are landing on Switch this week?
The full list of 25 upcoming Nintendo Switch games are below.
🗓 Upcoming Nintendo Switch Games:
Monday, May 8
- Cabin Escape: Alice's Story — A budget first person point and click adventure. (May 10 in U.S.)
- 📦 Dokapon Kingdom Connect — Hybrid party board game meets RPG, first released on PS2 and Wii. Physical release. (May 9 in U.S.)
- Forever Lost: Episode 2 — First person adventure/puzzle set in an abandoned asylum. (Already available in U.S.)
- Poosh XL — Score attack arcade game played with one button.
Tuesday, May 9
- Sakura Gamer — Visual novel about game dev. M for mature. (May 10 in U.S.)
- Zombie Apocalypse: Survival Stories — 20,000 word visual novel about the undead. M for mature.
Wednesday, May 10
Thursday, May 11
- Elemental War 2 — 3D fantasy/monster tower defense.
- 📦 Fuga: Melodies of Steel 2 — A 'dramatic' tactical war sim RPG with animal characters. Physical release (JP).
- Gunvein — An arcade 'aggression-based' bullet hell vertical shoot em up.
- Herodes — 2D virus shoot'em up.
- Leap from Hell — First-person puzzle platformer about escaping from hell.
- Little Disaster — Budget 2D puzzle-platformer with 70 levels to take on.
- Local News with Cliff Rockside — Ok, what a great name. It's a first-person comedy adventure game where you hold the camera and go out and find stories.
- Murderous Muses — A supernatural whodunnit murder mystery in a haunted art gallery. M for mature.
- Pixel Driver — Budget 3D racing game. (May 12 in U.S.)
- Pretty Girls 2048 Strike — It's a 2048 sliding number puzzler.
- Star Gagnant — A new vertical scrolling Shmup 'supervised' by Takahashi Meijin.
- 📦 TT Isle of Man: Ride on the Edge 3 — Licensed, proper 3D motorbike racing sim. Physical release.
Friday, May 12
- 2021: Moon Escape — A Game Boy esque adventure game, with an extra nostalgic touch: you can play it in vertical/touch mode as if on a mock Game Boy style device.
- For a Vast Future — Stop doomsday in this turn-based 2D RPG with a sepia-toned pixel look.
- Secret Dimension — A budget-friendly 'mind-bending' platformer filled with optical illusions.
- 📦 The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom — The Hyrule legend continues. A real GOTY contender. Physical release.
Saturday, May 13
- Truck Climb Racing — Budget arcade driving sim.
All dates are EU and US unless noted. A cardboard box emoji denotes a game is also released physically.
Release data is sourced via Switch Scores.