Boltgun, Cassette Beasts, and Fights in Tight Spaces are just a few of the over 40 games coming to Nintendo's hybrid this week.
🛍 Monday, May 22 — Sunday, May 28
It sure does feel like a lot of publishers were waiting for Nintendo's Tears of the Kingdom to release before putting their latest games out into the wild, because this week is packed with new releases on the Nintendo Switch, with 45 new games hitting the eShop over the next seven days.
This week has a few highlights, including the FPS Boltgun, a new Pokemon-like Cassette Beasts, and Fights in Tight Spaces.
The list below shares a quick description of each upcoming game, along with a link out to more infromation (such as screenshots, and a trailer).
Want to know what games are landing on Switch this week?
The full list of over 40 upcoming Nintendo Switch games are below.
All dates are EU and US unless noted. 📦 A cardboard box emoji denotes a game is also released physically. 🎮 A controller emoji means a demo is on the Nintendo eShop.
Release data is sourced via Switch Scores.
This list of upcoming Nintendo Switch games first appeared in Issue 333 of Switch Weekly — Chris Brandrick's Nintendo newsletter.
🗓 Upcoming Nintendo Switch Games:
Monday, May 22
- Round People — You control a billiard ball in this local multiplayer game where up to four players battle on a trap-filled pool table.
Tuesday, May 23
- Convergence: A League of Legends Story — This is a story-driven, single-player 2D action platformer with a rewind time mechanic.
- 📦 Farming Simulator 23 — You can operate over 100 farm machines, such as a Massey Ferguson in this 3D farming sim. Physical release.
- ghostpia Season One — This is a picture book style visual novel, set in a town full of ghosts.
- Glitch Busters: Stuck on You — I quite like the look of this one. A fun looking co-op shooter with team-centric mechanics. Visually looks like something of a mash up of Splatoon meets Fall Guys.
- 📦 Puzzle Bobble Everybubble! — A four-player co-op take on the iconic bubble bursting puzzler. Physical release.
- Warhammer 40,000: Boltgun — A frenetic FPS with rather stylish 'crunchy' visuals. M for mature.
Wednesday, May 24
- Bat Boy — 2D platforming with 8-bit visuals. (May 25 in U.S.)
- Dark Quest 3 — Roguelite tabletop mixing card-based exploration with turn-based combat.
- Finally, in Love Again — Otome visual novel. M for mature. (May 25 in U.S.)
- Marlon's Mystery: The Darkside of Crime — You take up the role of detective/investigator.
- Sunshine Shuffle — A narrative poker adventure featuring talking animals. M for mature. (EU release date)
- Torinto — 2D run ‘n’ gun game with a medieval theme.
Thursday, May 25
- Aoishiro HD Remaster — Mythical Japanese visual novel adventure.
- Akaiito HD Remaster — Japanese visual novel. This and the above game are seeing a double pack physical release.
- Animality — A precision skill-based animal runner game.
- Bee in the Valley — Search for flowers in this budget adventure.
- BlackSmith Hit — Arcade blacksmithing.
- Cassette Beasts — An indie Pokemon-esque game with plenty of style.
- Coloring Pixels: Collection 3 — Paint by numbers, but at the pixel level.
- End of Lines — Near-future interactive graphic novel set following a climate-induced apocalypse. M for mature.
- Fantasy Tower Defense — Stop monsters in this budget strategy game.
- 🎮 Fights in Tight Spaces — Deck-building, turn-based tactics, and stylish animated fight sequences. M for mature.
- 🎮📦 Fitness Circuit — If you like Ring Fit and Fitness Boxing then you'll want to take a look at this. Physical release.
- Hello Goodboy — A 'heartwarming, wholesome' 2D adventure about a boy new to the afterlife.
- Hush Hush — A visual novel with branching paths.
- Maquette — A unique 'MC Escher-esque' 3D first-person 'recursive' puzzler.
- Onigo Hunter — 2D turn-based monster RPG.
- Pulling No Punches — A bold side-scrolling pandemic beat-em up in which you take down anti-maskers. M for mature.
- Replikator — A top-down shooter with roguelike elements, set in an abandoned space science complex.
- Rina: Rhythm Error — A unique, budget friendly take on the rhythm game.
- Serene Hike — Chill and explore the forest.
- Spectrolite — A first-person precision platformer.
- 🎮 Star Gagnant — Vertical scrolling Shmup.
- Super Night Riders — Arcade motorcycle racing.
- Terracotta — A 2D action-adventure game set during China's Qin dynasty.
- True Disc Golf — aka Frisbee Golf. 3D, has multiplayer.
- Vaccine Rebirth — Find a new cure in a new randomly generated mansion. M for mature.
- Welcome Kokuri-san — A short visual novel with ASMR and starring a VTuber.
Friday, May 26
- Chronicles of 2 Heroes: Amaterasu's Wrath — An 'intense' pixel art action platformer featuring Metroidvania elements and Japanese mythos.
- 🎮 Monster Menu: The Scavenger's Cookbook — Strategy RPG 'all you can eat' survival adventure.
- 🎮 Skye Tales — A chill, colourful puzzle exploration game, featuring a friendly dragon.
- The Blind Prophet — A dark point and click adventure with a gloomy comic book style. M for mature.
Saturday, May 27
- Home Sweet Home — Look after your own place in this 2D life sim.